- News Updates
- COVID-19 Information
- Recent Government Activity
- Info for Business Owners
- Info for Employers
- HR & Compliance Resources
- Government Support & Aid
- Remote Working Resources
- At Home Workouts, Nutrition, and Health
- Mental Health Resources
- Other Resources
If you would like to receive email updates on COVID-19, please send an email to email@example.com
- 03/12 – Info For Your Business
- 03/18 – Shelter-in-Place Order Expands Dramatically
- 03/20 – Relief Efforts Updates
- 03/26 – Print is Essential Business
- 04/02 – Update – Financial Relief Information
- 04/16 – PPP Loans, Cal/OSHA Safety Guide & More
- 04/24 – PPP Update, Print Win!, Write the Gov., Webinars
- 05/06 – Essential Business News, PPP Update, and New Safety Guidelines
- 05/22 – Ready to Reopen? Sales & Safety Tips for Reopening Success
- 05/28 – PPP Forgiveness Application
- 06/08 – PPP Summary & Forgiveness App
- 06/17 – New PPP Flexibility Act – What You Need to Know
- 06/23 – Get the COVID-19 Reopening Action Plan
- 07/07 – What to Do With Employees Who Won’t Come Back to Work
- 07/14 – Add’l Options for Extra $600 UI Expiring Soon
- 07/29 – IRS Guidance on Reporting Emergency Paid Leave
- 08/05 – Playbook for Enforcing Masks in the Workplace and More
- 08/19 – FFCRA Leave – Significant Rule Changes
- 09/01 – New Back to School FFCRA Guidance
- 09/15 – New Bill – Access to Paid Sick Leave for CA Employees
- 10/07 – NEW COVID-19 Regulations, Forms, Guidance
- 10/22 – Calif. Blueprint for Reopening Released
- 11/12 – CDC Updates “Close Contact Guide”
- 12/10 – Take Action NOW for Congressional Relief
- Facts about COVID-19
- Workplace, school, and home guidance
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19
- What You Need to Know (PDF)
- Communication Resources
- PIWorld/SGIA/NAPCO COVID-19 Resources
- Printing United Alliance COVID-19 Resources
Info for Business Owners
- The U.S. Small Business Administration $2 million in Disaster Assistance Loans to small businesses impacted by COVID-19
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- California Chamber of Commerce on COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources (SBA)
- SBA Local Assistance Directory (SBA)
- SBA Funding Information (SBA)
- SBA Lender Match (SBA)
- SBA PPP Loan Forgiveness Application
- Commercial Paper Funding Facility
- USPS Operations
- FFCRA Poster – Mandatory posting of poster in effect April 1.
- COVID-19 Reference Guide – Preparing to Reopen Your Business
- COVID-19 Company Policy Template
Info for Employers
- COVID-19 and Fair Labor Standards Act (Dept. of Labor)
- COVID-19 and Family Medical Leave Act (Dept. of Labor)
- Dept of Labor Unemployment Compensation Announcement (Dept of Labor)
- COVID-19 and Worker’s Comp (Dept. of Labor)
- What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19 (EEOC)
HR & Compliance Resources
- ThinkHR COVID-19 Resources
(VMA Member LOGIN REQUIRED – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org) Comprehensive list of COVID-19 HR-related employer resources ranging from CDC and OSHA materials to ThinkHR templates including employee communications and agreements for telecommuting.
- California Agencies Release Guidance on COVID-19
State and local administrative agencies have released guidance to employers regarding wage and hour issues, paid sick leave, disability and unemployment insurance for situations involving the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Employee Letter Template Allowing Essential Business Work
This letter template, courtesy of our southern neighbor, PIASC attempts to provide evidence for your employee’s use to prove they work for an essential business when stopped by authorities in question.
Government Support & Aid
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (HR 6201) “Phase II”
The law includes employer-related leave provisions including Emergency FMLA, Emergency Paid Sick Leave, and refundable tax credits for employers required to provide such leave. Please see a fact sheet by Littler law firm here.
- Low-Interest Disaster Loan from U.S. Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of COVID-19.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) or H.R. 6201
All small businesses in the country will be required to give employees two-weeks paid sick time related to COVID-19 causes. The law also provides up to ten-weeks off to care for a child whose school has closed for reasons related to the disease. Please read these three documents carefully, just released yesterday: Fact Sheet for Employees, Fact Sheet for Employers, and Questions and Answers.
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economc Security (CARES) Act
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
The EIDL program is tailored to meet the specific needs created by the COVID-19 pandemic and modeled after previous disaster relief programs. Its main feature is an immediate $10k grant and loan amounts up to $2m per business.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan
A PPP loan is the more popular of the two, since there aren’t any downsides for applying, provided you are determined to keep all of your employees onboard for the next couple of months.
- Employee Retention Credit
If PPP loan option is not selected, an alternative Employee Retention Credit is available. Read More.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
Remote Working Resources
- The COVID-19 Work From Home Guide
Guide (that is being continuously updated) sharing combined best resources, tips, tricks, and practices to successfully work from home in one place.
- GitHub’s HR Toolkit: Remote Work Starter Guide for Employees – How to Adjust to Work-from-Home
- GitHub’s HR Toolkit for Leaders: Remote Work Emergency Plan – What to do (and where to start)
- Best Practices for Working Remotely
- Smartsheet’s Coronavirus Preparedness Template Set
Enables you to communicate guidance around COVID-19 to you selected audience, keep your workforce up to date, and survey those who may pose a risk
- 4 Ways You Can Give Your Remote Workforce a Sense of Togetherness
At Home Workouts, Nutrition, and Health
The following companies are offering temporary free access to their streaming classes and/or memberships:
- Grokker: Grokker is providing complimentary access to its on-demand video wellbeing solution to individuals, employers, and non-profits through April 30, 2020. During this time, users will have access to Grokker’s holistic wellbeing programs and videos – including fitness, mental health, nutrition, sleep and financial wellness. This includes access expert encouragement, GrokTalk and the support of the Grokker community.
- Peloton: Day Free Trial: Stream any Peloton class on your phone, tablet or TV free for 90 days. This includes yoga and meditation; cardio, cycling, or running workouts; & strength in bodyweight and strength training classes.
- Wellbeats: Access 500+ workouts from the convenience of your home (Available until April 30th)
- PVolve: Choose from 200+ videos, with new ones added weekly. Filter by length, body focus and more. Extended 30 Day Free Trial, No Credit Card Needed.
- Daily Burn: If you miss the social aspect of workout classes, consider giving Daily Burn a try. Their engaged online community could help you stay motivated while you’re self-quarantined. In addition to thousands of recorded group workouts (from Pilates to postnatal classes), they also provide virtual one-on-one training sessions through the smartphone app. Free 30 Day Trial.
Mental Health Resources
- Online Therapy Apps You Can Download
- Headspace: Free Courses for Employees
- Headspace: Free Courses for Businesses
- Calm: Take a Deep Breath – Free Resources for Individuals
- Article: How to keep coronavirus fears from affecting your mental health
Many associations, lawyers and HR firms are providing free webinars on important COVID-19 topics. Here are some examples we’ve liked, most are recorded and can be accessed later. Many are reoccurring. We will post these to our COVID-19 Resource Page. If you hear of one you like or would like to share any COVID-19 resources you hear about, please email email@example.com.
- COVID-19: State Legislation Updates for Your Business
Hosted by VMA and PIASD on April 3, 11am-12pm. Topics include Paid Sick Leave, Family Medical Leave, and the Economic Stimulus, State of California actions affecting printing companies and their employees, and our efforts to secure printing as a critical infrastructure designation
- Coronavirus and Your Workforce: Continuous Updates
Held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 AM-10:30 AM complimentary by The Law firm of Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
- ThinkHR Webinar Series
ThinkHR’s live webinars get rave reviews and usually offer HRCI and SHRM credit.
- ThinkHR COVID-19 HR Guidance and Best Practices
Prerecorded webinar and slide deck available for viewing. ThinkHR’s integrated suite of human resources is free for our members. (If you don’t yet have a log-in, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Financial Management in a Downturn: Print and COVID-19
Prerecorded webinar accessible by reaching out to email@example.com.
- SBDC – Coping with COVID-19 Webinars
A series of on-demand webinars from the Small Business Development Center
- VMA Collective Conversations
Join Visual Media Alliance’s new Collective Conversations, our Virtual Roundtable discussion with VMA members featuring different topics every other Wednesday at 10 AM.
- Small Business Administration Webinar Series
SBA webinars from the San Francisco District Office are held weekly on Tuesdays at 3:00 PM and Thursdays at 11:00 AM. The webinars will provide an overview of SBA Disaster Loan Programs including debt relief, Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers (CDC)
- Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for Coronavirus (Dept. of Labor)
- OSHA Resources for Workers and Employers on COVID-19 (Dept. of Labor)
- Get Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19 (WHO)
- Risk Management for COVID-19 (CISA)
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Recommendations (CDC)
- Disinfectants for Use Against COVID-19 (EPA)
Situation Reports and Updates
These are extraordinary times so please stay safe. We know this will be a very challenging time for everyone in our industry. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to contact us as we are here to support your business. Incidentally, all of our commercial and health insurance account managers on staff are here to help with all of your insurance questions that may arise out of this crisis. ThinkHR is also available for your HR questions.